ZyXEL Digital Media Theater DMA-1100P
Released April, 2008
The Pros:Sets up an Ethernet connection in just seconds after being plugged in. Doesn't take too long to configure Windows Media Server settings. Streams HD video consistently and smoothly.
The Cons:Remote control has small buttons that are hard to see. Recognizes photos by tags instead of location. Sometimes slow to respond as it inventories your collection.
The ZyXEL Digital Media Theater DMA-1100P is a digital media streamer that allows you to view 1080i high-definition videos off your network to your HDTV. The DMA-1100P is not a wireless media streamer, but it does use your existing electric power lines with a built in HomePlug AV Powerline network port allowing easy setup with no extra wires required.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It has an HDMI output of HDTVs and also has composite A/V jacks for added connectivity. It is equipped with a built in USB 2.0 port so you can enjoy MP3 music, digital photo slide shows and digital movies from a thumb drive or external hard drive without needing a computer. The DMA-1100P comes with a remote control which allows for easy set up with your network on your TV.
- User Friendly Features: Remote control and Graphical User Interface on TV
- Network Standard: 10/100 fast Ethernet, HomePlug AV
- Security: 128-bit AES encryption on Powerline
- Supported Video Formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 MP@ML, MPEG-4 simple and advanced simple profile, MPEG-4 AVI files and WMV version
- Supported Audio Formats: Dolby Digital, DVD-Audio, MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 Layers I, II and III(MP3), MPEG-2 BC multi-channel Layers I, II and III, MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 AAC-LC, WMA9
- Support Image Formats: TIFF, PNG, GIF, BMP, JPEG and JPEG2000
- Connectors: USB 2.0 type A, HDMI, RCA connectors for composite video/audio RJ-45, DC power jack
- Physical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 9.6" (W) x 6.5" (D) x 1.45" (H)
- LED Display:
- Power LED: dual color: green light on indicates power on mode/ amber light on indicates standby mode
- Play media LED: green light on indicates playing
- Ethernet LED: green light on indicates wired LAN activity
- USB LED: yellow light on indicates Wireless LAN activity
- Powerline LED: green light on indicates network connection
- Certification: FCC, CE, DLNA, UPnP, HDMI
- Warranty: ZyXEL 2-year Limited Warranty
- Package Contents:
- DMA1100P x 1
- Power cord x 1
- Remote control x 1
- A/V composite cable x 1
- Ethernet cable x 1
User Reviews (1)
sets up an Ethernet connection in just seconds after being plugged in
doesn't take too long to configure Windows Media Server settings
streams HD video consistently and smoothly
remote control has small buttons that are hard to see
recognizes photos by tags instead of location
sometimes slow to respond as it inventories your collection
price seems a little high for a media streamer of this caliber, low value
You may also like...