Sling Media Slingbox PRO-HD
Released September, 2008
The Pros:First HD Slingbox to stream in HD to your PC. Can be used in conjunction with SlingCatcher. 60 minutes of video buffer for pausing, recording, rewinding live TV.
The Cons:Not true HD when used with SlingCatcher. No WiFi connectivity. No HDMI inputs or outputs.
The Slingbox PRO-HD is the first HD-streaming Slingbox from Sling Media released on September 25, 2008 with an MSRP of $299.99. Like all other Slingboxes, the PRO-HD model allows you to remotely watch and control multiple video devices (DVR, digital cable, satellite reciever, DVD player) from a PC or newly released SingCatcher.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Like the name implies, the key differentiator for this model is it's ability to stream HD content in it's native resolution. The Slingbox includes SlingPlayer software that is loaded on your PC, Mac, or mobile device that is used to manage the viewing experience.
- stream HD content to Mac, PC, or SlingCatcher
- connect to multiple different devices simultaneously (can only watch one source at a time)
- includes with SlingPlayer software
- live video buffer - pause, rewind, or fast-forward up to 60 minutes of video
- compatible devices:
- basic or digital cable set-top box
- DVR devices such as DISH, TiVo, Comcast, ReplayTV, Rogers
- DVD player
- Satellite receiver such as DISH, DIRECTV, Bell
- video/security camera
- Apple TV
- inputs: 1 x SD audio / video (RCA+S-Video+RCA Stereo), 1 x HD audio / video (component+digital coax+RCA stereo, digital antenna (ATSC, NTSC, QAM) (no HDMI)
- outputs: SD audio / video, HD audio / video (component), digital antenna
- connectivity: Ethernet, USB, (no WiFi)
- price: $299.99
- release date: September 25, 2008
User Reviews (1)
First HD Slingbox to stream in HD to your PC
Can be used in conjunction with SlingCatcher
60 minutes of video buffer for pausing, recording, rewinding live TV
Not true HD when used with SlingCatcher
No HDMI inputs or outputs
You may also like...