Seagate FreeAgent Theater Plus HD
Released September, 2009
The Pros:Digital video and optical outputs - including HDMI. Wired LAN connectivity for direct media streaming off a PC or Mac. Includes remote control.
The Cons:No built-in WiFi, expensive add-on adapter. The front USB reads my flash drive very poorly. Poor menu.
The Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD is an HD media streamer offered by Seagate as an upgrade to the Seagate FreeAgent Theater HD. Most notable improvements include the addition of HDMI and optical audio outputs, 1080p resolution support, LAN connectivity and MAC support.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
It can be connected into your existing network with the LAN port or directly connected to a PC, MAC or USB device with one of the USB ports to enjoy video, audio and photo files. There is also an optional USB-WiFi adaptor that can be purchased for $69.99. The DVD style interface makes it easy to browse through content with the included remote control. Connectivity options include HDMI, component and composite video outputs with stereo and optical Toslink audio output. The Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ HD comes with either a 500 GB FreeAgent Go hard drive as a "Media Player Solution" or no hard drive as a "Media Player Only" for $289.99 and $149.99 respectively.
- Minimum System Requirements:
- PC : Windows XP or Vista, 256MB RAM and an available USB port
- Mac: OS X 10.4.11 or 10.5.6 or later and an available USB port
- TV: Composite video, component video or HDMI connection and stereo, optical S/PDIF or HDMI audio connection
- Internet Services: Broadband internet – 10/100 Mbps wired network connection or Seagate optional wireless accessory
- Supported Formats:
- Video Formats: MPEG-1, MPEG-2 (VOB/ISO), MPEG-4 (DivX /Xvid), DivX HD, Xvid HD, AVI, MOV, MKV, RMVB, AVC HD, H.264, WMV9, VC-1, M2TS, TS/TP/M2T
- Subtitles: SAMI(smi), SRT and SUB
- Video resolutions: NTSC 480i/480p, PAL 576i/576p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- Audio: AAC, MP3, Dolby Digital, DTS, ASF, FLAC, WMA, LPCM, ADPCM, WAV, OGG
- Playlist: M3U, PLS
- Photo: JPEG files up to 20 megapixels, BMP, GIF, PNG, TIFF
- Supported File Systems: NTFS, FAT, FAT32, HFS+
- Output / Input:
- Video: Composite, Component, HDMI 1.3
- Audio: Stereo, Optical S/PDIF, HDMI 1.3
- Network: Ethernet 10/100 mbps
- Interface: 1x USB 2.0 at front, 1x USB 2.0 at back
- Power Adapter
- Note: Optional Wireless 802.11b/g/n adapter can be connected to front or rear USB host ports.
- TV Systems: PAL/NTSC
- Product Dimensions: 1.18 in H x 7.20 in W x 6.89 in L
- Weight: 1.11 lbs
- Inside the Box:
- Media Player
- AV Cable
- Component Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- EnergyStar compliant power supply
- FreeAgent Theater+ Software and User Guide (PDF)
- Set-Up Guide
- FreeAgent Go Portable Hard Drive (Solution Only)
- USB 2.0 Cable (Solution Only)
- Capacity: 500GB (Solution Only)
- 1-Year Limited Warranty
User Reviews (8)
digital video and optical outputs - including HDMI
wired LAN connectivity for direct media streaming off a PC or Mac
1080p high definition output
optional USB-WiFi adapter
available with and without an external disk drive
firmware update gives it the ability to stream NetFlix as well as YouTube, vTuner and Mediafly (April 2010)
Seems the rear USB reads my Flash Drive better, much better than the front USB port. Why I wonder.
Reads far more files than other competitors
no built-in WiFi, expensive add-on adapter
The front USB reads my flash drive very poorly.
expensive compared to direct competitors
You may also like...