Released January, 2008
The Cons:No mkv support. HDMI 1.1 ?
The Mvix MX-780HD is a home-theater media streamer that allows the user to access content from the Internet and their computer on their standard-def or HDTV. It supports full HD 1080p (1920x1080) output, and digital audio outputs.
Loading latest prices from ProductWiki...
Compared to an HTPC solution, such as MythTV or XBMC, the Mvix MX-780HD is lacking in file-format support, but compared to most set-top streamers, it is ahead of the game. It connects to a network either via 10/100Mbps Ethernet, or wireless 802.11b/g. It also supports an internal hard drive that can be used as a NAS box, or as an external USB hard drive. The hard drive is avaliable as a bundle with the unit, and costs extra. Alternatively, you can use any 3.5" IDE or SATA HDD that you may already own. It automatically connects and finds shares in any UPnP network. If a UPnP network is not avaliable, there is a setup CD.
- Video Formats: DivX (3/4/5/6), AVI, Xvid, BivX, MPEG, MPG, VCD(DAT), DVD(VOB, IFO), ISO, WMV(WMV-9), ASF(WMV-9), TP, TS, TRP
- Audio Formats: MP3, WMA, AAC, OGG, PCM, AC3, DTS decoding w/ down-mixing and pass through
- Image: BMP, JPG/JPEG, PNG
- HDMI, Component, Composite, S-Video Outputs
- Stereo RCA, Coaxial, Digital (5.1) Audio Outputs
- Wireless 802.11b/g w/ WEP/WPA Security
- 10/100 Ethernet LAN
- USB 2.0 Connection
- 3.5" HDD (300G,500G,750G,1TB)
User Reviews (3)
You may also like...